Re: Performance

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Performance
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Ron Chmara wrote:
> On an extremely fast system, with Fsync off, this should take less than
> 30 seconds. On slower systems, or with fsync on, your performance will
> degrade greatly. I've seen 468 machines running at 2 inserts a second...

One thing I've noticed with loading lots of data using INSERTs is
that if you wrap the whole thing in a transaction, it goes heaps
faster (presumably because it only does one fsync, when the
transaction is complete).
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@cupid.suninternet.com>
http://cupid.suninternet.com/~kleptog/

Сообщение: Re: [OT] How to avoid using Reply-All on this list
Сообщение: Re: [OT] How to avoid using Reply-All on this list