Re: Postgresql usage clip.

От Ron Chmara
Тема Re: Postgresql usage clip.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Mon, 29 May 2000, Ron Chmara wrote:
> > Well, you have binaries for NT, but what about home users/developers on 95?
> 98? > mySQL even does OS/2. Really.
> For home use/development, run either Linux or FreeBSD in another partition on
> your Win9x machine.  Or, even use one of the 'WinLinux' style distributions
> that cooexist with Windows very well.  You'll (and PostgreSQL will) be much
> happier with a unix-like environment (which Cygwin duplicates anyway for the
> Win32 PostgreSQL server) for running the PostgreSQL server.  Get VMWare and run
> Win9x in a window on your Linux partition to test  Win9x apps if you must run
> Win9x.

Hm. See my .sig (missing from prior posts).... yes, it's nice that a hardware
platform can be bent to work with certain applications. I do lots of bending.
However, most users prefer to get applications for their platform, not the
other way round. Not all of us are platform agnostic. ;-)

> However, the point is taken -- MySQL does Win9x.  We don't.

Yet?

-Ronabop

--
Brought to you from iBop the iMac, a MacOS, Win95, Win98, LinuxPPC machine,
which is currently in LinuxPPC land.  Your bopping may vary.