Re: Problem with connectiong to postmaster (WinNT 4.0 SP6)

От Dan Rosner
Тема Re: Problem with connectiong to postmaster (WinNT 4.0 SP6)
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Kevin Lo wrote:

> David Lofsstrand wrote:
>
> > Hello!
>
> Hi David,
>
> > I have sucessfully installed and compiled PostgreSQL 7.0 to
> > WinNT 4.0 Workstation Service Pack 6
> > My machine is a dual PIII-500 workstation (in case it can cause
> > problems)
> > The initdb script works as it should and everything works fine and
> > runs smoothly until I try to start a program or a script that wants
> > a connection to the postmaster.
> >
> > As an example:
> > -----------------
> > bash-2.02$ ipc-daemon.exe &
> > [1] 1016
> > bash-2.02$ postmaster -i &
> > [2] 1017
> > bash-2.02$ createdb testing
> > psql: connectDBStart() -- socket() failed: errno=106
> > Addresses in the specified family cannot be used with this socket
> > createdb: database creation failed
> > ------------------
> >
> > Any hints ?
>
> Hmm.. I also built the binary for NT on Cygwin B20.1. The binary is at:
>
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.0/NT/
>
> I think the PostgreSQL only runs on Cygwin.
>
> > +------------------------------------------+----------------------+
> > | David Lofstrand - Programmer             | Surgical Science AB  |
> > | davidl<NO_SPAMMING>@surgical-science.com | Medicinareg 3A       |
> > | Tel: +46 (0)31-74 11 804                 | SE-413 46 Gothenburg |
> > | Fax: +46 (0)31-74 11 701                 | SWEDEN               |
> > +------------------------------------------+----------------------+
>
> - Kevin

Hejsan!

Are you running NT with service pack 6 or 6a?  I recall having
a similar problem with postgres on NT and it cleared up
after installing 6a.  I believe it is mentioned somewhere
in the ports archive as well.

Can you get the psql interpreter to work?  Try:

psql -i localhost template1

and then:

create database testing;

--