Soalris 8 install problems

От Toth Istvan
Тема Soalris 8 install problems
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello!

I've just installed PostgreSQL 8 on a Solaris 8 box, and I am having
difficulties.

I am using the bundled gcc and perl.

Problem 1.
I had to add

#include <stdarg.h>

to /include/c.h, the old varargs.h does not exist (I guess this is a gcc
2.95 issue)

Problem 2.

The bundled perl generates mefiles for the perl interface that wants tu
use the SUNSoft cc I had to hack the bundled Config.PM to make it
compile.
This is not Postgresql's fault, but it would be nice to include a
warinig about it in the INSTALL file.

NOTE that I am not subscribed to this list, so if you need more input,
please e-mail me directly

                            Regards
                            Istvan Toth