Re: Re: [HACKERS] Postgresql OO Patch

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Re: [HACKERS] Postgresql OO Patch
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Marten Feldtmann wrote:

>  But here again an active system may be build on top of the system we
> already have:
>
>  - update, insert, deletes are catched via triggers (on commit)
>    these trigger functions do retrieve the object-id of the objects
>    changed and write the result into a special table.
>
>  - another software has notification on this special table and managed
>    the ip-commuication to the clients.

Extending NOTIFY to take at least ONE string argument or OID would go a
long long way. Even better would be for it to take an "Object", in the
one-supertable sense.

So triggers or whatever can just notify interested parties about changes.

This has been on my personal todo for severeal years already ;)

Hannu