Re:

От Chris Bitmead
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Emmanuel Motchane wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to figure out how to restrict user access to a database to
> a few defined functions, so that users could use the database (and update
> it) but only through a set of procedures, written for exemple in C and
> using the Server Programming
> interface.

If this is some kind of security measure, it won't work because in the
extreme case anybody can just open a socket and send the appropriate
protocol down it (like you can with any client server database).

Otherwise I suggest you ask your user's politely or see if the postgres
grant permissions can do what you want.