Re: Getting back names of databases

От Jeff Hoffmann
Тема Re: Getting back names of databases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"G. Anthony Reina" wrote:

> I know that I've seen this somewhere in past messages, but I can't seem
> to find how to search the archives. Is the search engine offline?
>
> Anyway, I'm trying to write a shell script which will backup my
> databases to DAT tape. I'd like to know how I could get the list of
> existing database names from Postgres. For example, I have 3 databases
> named db01, db02, db03. How can I ask Postgres for these 3 names?
>
> Thanks.
> -Tony

from psql, you can do a \l (or from a command line psql -c "\l")

or you can query the system tables yourself:

select datname from pg_database

there's a lot of ways to skin that cat, it's just a matter of what works
best for you

jeff

Сообщение: Re: Getting back names of databases
Сообщение: Re: Getting back names of databases