Re: data directory growing huge

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: data directory growing huge
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Esger Abbink" <pggeneral@bumblebeast.com> writes:
> the bulk of the space is occupied by a dozen huge files in base/16559,
> all sufficiently meaninglessly named: 72646, 72653.1 etc.

You could find out what they are by consulting pg_class.relfilenode
(or see the contrib/oid2name utility).  But my bet is that they are
indexes and you need to REINDEX them to recover the space.

> On two production server (7.2rc2) of ours

[ blanch ]  You're running a production server on 7.2rc2?  Still?
Get thee to 7.2.4, at least.  We do not make dot-releases for idle
amusement.