Re: Question about databases in alternate locations...

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Question about databases in alternate locations...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I'm sure I'm just
> overlooking something, but what?

As Jeff pointed out, the environment variable "P" must be known to the
server backend to be used in the WITH LOCATION clause. Using it in the
preceeding initlocation invocation was correct. The utility tries it
as an environment variable, then as an absolute path, so "initlocation
P" and "initlocation $P" are both valid. You can make the environment
variable known to the backend by defining it in the postgres account's
.cshrc or .bashrc file, or by explicitly setting it before firing up
the backend.

                         - Thomas

South Pasadena, California