Re: confusing positioning of notes in connection settings

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: confusing positioning of notes in connection settings
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 26 Apr 2023, at 10:18, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>
>> On 26 Apr 2023, at 08:08, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
>> I wonder if the notes are even true.  The text for tcp_keepalives_interval already says that it is only supported if
TCP_KEEPCNTis supported.

Re-reading this I think there was some confusion, definitely so on my part.

tcp_keepalives_interval relies on TCP_KEEPINTVL, with the Windows equivalent
being SIO_KEEPALIVE_VALS.  TCP_KEEPCNT is for tcp_keepalives_count which indeed
is not supported on Windows.  Jonathans original question was regarding _count
and _timeout and not _interval.

I do agree that all of these notes may just as well be added to the text, the
option client_connection_check_interval following these have text about
platform compatibility without using a note.

--
Daniel Gustafsson