Re: [bug fix] "pg_ctl stop" times out when it should respond quickly

От MauMau
Тема Re: [bug fix] "pg_ctl stop" times out when it should respond quickly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e@gmx.net>
> On 12/25/13, 6:40 AM, MauMau wrote:
>> pg_regress must wait for postgres to terminate by calling waitpid(),
>> because it invoked postgres directly.  The attached
>> pg_regress_pg_stop.patch does this.  If you like the combination of this
>> and the original fix for pg_ctl in one patch, please use
>> pg_stop_fail_v3.patch.
>
> This patch doesn't apply.

Is that true?  Today, I downloaded the following file (whose timestamp was
2014-Jan-04), and could apply pg_stop_fail_v3.patch cleanly.  The "make
check" succeeded.

http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/snapshot/dev/postgresql-snapshot.tar.gz

Could you confirm again and tell me what problem is happening?

Regards
MauMau