Re: textpos() function

От Hitesh Patel
Тема Re: textpos() function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

\> Looks like it's called position() now --- that function has the same
OID
> (849) as 6.5's textpos(), and even more damningly points to a C function
> that's still called textpos():
>
> regression=# select oid,* from pg_proc where oid=849;
>  oid | proname  | proowner | prolang | proisinh | proistrusted | proiscachable |
>  pronargs | proretset | prorettype | proargtypes | probyte_pct | properbyte_cpu
> | propercall_cpu | prooutin_ratio | prosrc  | probin
> -----+----------+----------+---------+----------+--------------+---------------+
> ----------+-----------+------------+-------------+-------------+----------------
> +----------------+----------------+---------+--------
>  849 | position |      256 |      11 | f        | t            | t             |
>         2 | f         |         23 |       25 25 |         100 |              0
> |              1 |              0 | textpos | -
> (1 row)
>
> We've made a number of changes in 7.0 to bring function and type names
> into alignment with the SQL92 standard.  The incompatibilities I knew
> about were in date/time types and functions, but I guess this is another
> one ...
>
> If you really don't want to update your app's code just yet, you can
> install a pg_proc entry that defines textpos() with a CREATE FUNCTION
> command.  But the long-term answer is to fix your code to conform with
> the standard.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

I changed my code to use position() instead of textpos(), the only
problem is that I now get a parse error at the following line:

    i:= position(stringa, ',');

The exact error message is:

ERROR: parser: parse error at or near ","

Trying to run a query like, 'select position(email, ',') from table'
fails with the same parse error, however 'select strpos(email, ',') from
table' runs fine...

any hints?

--
| Hitesh Patel                    |  Voice: (541) 759-3126     |