Re: Null commitTS bug

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Null commitTS bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 11:17:24AM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
>> I found some confusing lines around but they need not a fix
>> considering back-patching conflict?
>>> i += j - i + 1;

> I am not sure.  Do you have anything specific in mind?  Perhaps
> something that would help in making the code logic easier to follow?

Isn't that a very bad way to write "i = j + 1"?

I agree with Horiguchi-san that

    for (i = 0, headxid = xid;;)

is not great style either.  A for-loop ought to be used to control the
number of iterations, not as a confusing variable initialization.
I think more idiomatic would be

    headxid = xid;
    i = 0;
    for (;;)

which makes it clear that this is not where the loop control is.