Re: 8.4 open item: copy performance regression?

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: 8.4 open item: copy performance regression?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Le 22 juin 2009 à 17:24, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> a écrit :

>> I was thinking it might be beneficial to be able to defer writing WAL
>> until COPY is complete, so heap_sync would either fsync the whole
>> heap
>> file or copy the whole file to WAL.
>
> What about indexes?

Skip this optimisation if there are any.
It's already Common practise to create them only after copy succeeded
when possible for better bulk loading perfs.

Then there's also the copy + Insert ... Select ... technique.

--
dim

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4862: different results in to_date() between 8.3.7 & 8.4.RC1
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4862: different results in to_date() between 8.3.7 & 8.4.RC1