Re: [PERFORM] [HACKERS] More benchmarking of wal_buffers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [PERFORM] [HACKERS] More benchmarking of wal_buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Kevin Brown <kevin@sysexperts.com> writes:
> What happens when the only transaction running emits more WAL log data
> than wal_buffers can handle?  A flush happens when the WAL buffers
> fill up (that's what I'd expect)?  Didn't find much in the
> documentation about it...

A write, not a flush (ie, we don't force an fsync).  Also, I think it
writes only a few blocks, not all the available data.  Don't recall the
details on that.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Changing the default configuration
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Changing the default configuration