Re: Copy

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Copy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John Coers <coers@intrinsity.com> writes:
> Does a COPY FROM block?  In case I am using the wrong terminology,
> what I need to know is if I have multiple clients performing COPY FROM...PQputline()
> using asynchronous connections, will I lose data?

No.

> Will the server simply execute them serially?

They'll be executed in parallel, just the same as if each client had
done a bunch of INSERTs wrapped in a BEGIN/END block.  You'd only see
problems if clients inserted conflicting data (eg, identical keys in
a column with a UNIQUE index).  You may care to read the documentation
about multi-version concurrency control and locking.