Re:

От Mike Mascari
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Teruel Tony wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having this message when trying to perform
>  a query.. someone knows what do I have to do to
> fix it?
>
> Thanks
>
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
>         before or while processing the request.
> We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
> impossible.  Terminating.
>
> Have an excellent day
> teruel@excite.com
> Mexico

Please post the query, the definition of the tables the query is
accessing and the version of PostgreSQL you are using. You are
tickling a bug. That message means the backend crashed while
executing your query. Right off hand I would sugguest testing the
same query with 7.0RC1 from ftp.postgresql.org to see if the
error still exists in the about-to-be newest release.

Hope that helps,

Mike Mascari