Re: Configurable location for extension .control files

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Configurable location for extension .control files
Дата
Re: Configurable location for extension .control files  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I don't really care much about Oliver's usecase TBH, but I would very much
> welcome making it easier for application developers to package part of
> ther in-database application code as extensions without either requiring
> a selfcompiled postgres with a custom extension dir or them having have
> root access to the machine running postgres.

Well, if you're installing an extension that includes C code, you're
going to need root access anyway to install the shlib (at least on
conservatively-configured machines).  For pure-SQL extensions, Dimitri's
been pushing a different approach that needn't involve the filesystem at
all.  We didn't get that finished in 9.3 but I think it's still on the
agenda for 9.4.