Postgresql installation - Cannot add postgres user (already in use)

От Benjamin Power
Тема Postgresql installation - Cannot add postgres user (already in use)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

A little while ago I installed the Postgresql 8.0 on my Windows XP Professional machine.

I uninstalled it a little while after that then tried to re-install it again later on.

In the initial setup where it asked for the password details for the postgres user it came up with an "account error" "invalid username specified" error. I couldn't work out what it was and when I searched for an answer I couldn't easily find it.

I eventually found the solution as being the following:

  1. Open the command prompt
  2. type in the following:

net user /delete postgres

I thought I might share or at least propagate this information to make it easier for other s that might run into the same issue.

Cheers