Re: I don't know what to do!

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: I don't know what to do!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Feb 14, 2005, at 10:35 AM, Cristian Prieto wrote:

> What is happening here? I just passed the right parameters but that
> stuff doesn't work handling my parameters? what am I doing wrong??? I
> have a week with that trouble, somebody please help me!

Look at this part of the parameter list:

... smallint, date, smallint, smallint, ...

here is what you passed:

...  0, current_date, 0, 20,

And here is the error:

ERROR:  function sp_insert_users_2(... integer, date, integer, integer,
...) does not exist
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may
need to add explicit type casts.

PostgreSQL by default assumes 0 and 20 are integers not smallint as
your function expects. So try to change your function to use integer
instead of smallint or cast the parameters like this:

0::smallint, current_date, 0::smallint, 20::smallint

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL