Re: Large strings

От Nelson Ferreira Junior
Тема Re: Large strings
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Nelson Ferreira Junior wrote:

>    Hi,
>
>    I have a JDBC aplication that actualy works with Oracle and I am
> porting it PostgreSQL. The trouble is that I have some rows with type
> "LONG" (in Oracle) where are stored strings with up to 20Kb and
> PostgreSQL doesn't hava this type and seems to be impossible to store
> strings larger than 8Kb with the types "TEXT" or "VARCHAR".
>    What can I do ?!?!
>
>                                                     thanks.
      Now I read something about changing the BLOCK SIZE to a higher
value and recompiling the backend. But it will require more disk space to
store the data, isn't it?  How much disk space will I need if a chage the
block size to 32K? Will it decrease performance or confiability ?       Before you suggest me to use BLOBs to store
theselarge strings,

I'd say that I cannot change my aplication in that way.

                                                            Thanks
again.

От: Tim Brookes
Сообщение: libpq++ memory problems
От: "Manuel Lemos"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Connecting website with SQL-database.....