Re: PostgreSQL-JDBC correct URL

От Haroldo Stenger
Тема Re: PostgreSQL-JDBC correct URL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Silvio,

I want to thank you especially for having helped me. I overlooked a lot
of doc, especially the programmer's guide.

The point on the error numbers is because GeneXus generated java code,
does things that give errors: it locks tables that don't exists for
example. It also drops tables that don' exist. It is when they connect
to Informix, which is the dbms that I have GeneXus configure for (it dos
not support PostgreSQl yet). Then, they catch up the error message BY
NUMBER. They sent the java source to me, where there are the
correspondin numbers to each error message)

Example:

        public boolean EndOfFile(int GXSQLCODE)
        {
                return  (       GXSQLCODE == 100                /* End
of file */
                                );
        }
        public boolean DuplicateKeyValue(int GXSQLCODE)
        {
                return  (       GXSQLCODE == -239 ||    /* Could not
insert row. Duplicate value in unique index column */
                                        GXSQLCODE == -268
/* Unique constraint violated */
                                );

        }
        public boolean ObjectLocked(int GXSQLCODE)
        {
                return  (       GXSQLCODE == -243  ||   /* Could not
position within a table */
                                        GXSQLCODE == -244  ||   /* Could
not do a physical-order read to fetch next row */
                                        GXSQLCODE == -245
/* Could not position within a file via an index */
                                );
        }
        public boolean ObjectNotFound(int GXSQLCODE)
        {
                return  (       GXSQLCODE == -206  ||   /* The specified
table is not in the database */
                                        GXSQLCODE == -319  ||   /* Index
does not exist in ISAM file */
                                        GXSQLCODE == -623
/* Unable to find constraint */
                                );

So, I'm supposed to substitute the numbers with the PostgreSQL numbers.
I think the numbers exist at a JDBC level, not at a backend level.

This is one approach. At the same time, by looking to the SQL statements
log, I observed that when within a begin/commit work, an inexistent
table is locked, the error leaves the backend in an aborted state, until
the commit. Question: Does this mean that GeneXus approach of doing
erroneous things (such as locking or dropping inexistent tables within a
transaction), and then catching the errors at a JDBC level won't work
with PostgreSQL? Or is there a way of telling the backend that we want
it to ignore the offending statement?

Please be patient with me, as I'm fairly new to PostgreSQL, and new to
Java.

Cheers!