Re: A Haunted Database

От Ed Loehr
Тема Re: A Haunted Database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Robert Cleveland wrote:

> ... Then , in the middle of the night, something happens and when
> we awake, we find the HTML has been scrambled like so many breakfast eggs.
> ... Does anyone know what inhuman entity
> might be causing this to occur?

Hmmm...hard not to yell, "It's GREMLINS!!!"...

I'd put a trigger on the table to log the date/time of any changes to the
server log.  That might tell you if it's getting corrupted via SQL or via
file system access.  Or you might just shutdown the server and see if it
still gets corrupted (verifying your assertion that nobody is touching the
db).

Regards,
Ed Loehr