[HACKERS] Transaction abortions & recovery handling

От Ed Loehr
Тема [HACKERS] Transaction abortions & recovery handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Using perl DBI, I would like to catch a backend error and, if the
pgsql error string matches a particular regex (/ExecInitIndexScan:
both left and right op's are rel-vars/), vacuum on the fly and
immediately resubmit the query within the same transaction.
[Vacuuming has sometimes worked as a temporary fix to the problem.]

The immediate problem seems to be that once the backend fails on a
query within a transaction, the client is not permitted to do any more
queries within that transaction, giving this msg:
NOTICE:  (transaction aborted): queries ignored until END

Any suggestions on how I might handle this?

Regards,
Ed Loehr