Re: [HACKERS] psql problem

От Chris Bitmead
Тема Re: [HACKERS] psql problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
There are two issues. One is what happens when there is something
in the buffer and I hit ^C. Intuitively I think I should get back to
a "sane" state ready for a new query. I mean I start off typing
a long query, then I change my mind I want ^C to get me a
clear prompt.

What used to happen is it says "CANCEL request sent". Then I
think "ok I'll put in a different query". but that doesn't work.
Maybe \r was the correct command but I never took the time
to learn that.

The other issue is what happens if I'm just at a prompt, I don't
think it should exit on ^C. Basicly this is because I'm familiar
with the way /bin/sh works and I wish psql had the same semantics.