Re: [HACKERS] function question yet again

От Mike Mascari
Тема Re: [HACKERS] function question yet again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes wrote:

> Is it possible to define a function in language 'C' that needs more
> libraries to work? I've got a small example of a function that works like a
> charm when run against from a binary. However if I put this function inside
> the server and execute it I get
>
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ""
>
> Not exactly an error message that explains itself. :-)
>
> I have put my function into a shared library to load it, but the library
> itself needs other libraries. Is this at all possible?
>
> Michael
> --
> Michael Meskes                         | Go SF 49ers!
> Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz    | Go Rhein Fire!
> Tel.: (+49) 2431/72651                 | Use Debian GNU/Linux!
> Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!

That's odd. Would it be possible for you to provide your compiliation/link
statement as well as your CREATE FUNCTION statement? I've a host of functions
which use external libaries that work as expected (on Linux), including doing
some pretty weird stuff.

Mike Mascari

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] function defined in libpq?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] function defined in libpq?