Re: [HACKERS] Need confirmation of "Posix time standard" on FreeBSD

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Need confirmation of "Posix time standard" on FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Thanks for the info. How do they define "the standard time zone"? Is
> > it *any* time zone, or "GMT", or some other set of choices?
> It's "standard" in the sense of not-summer/not-daylight-savings rather
> than in the "POSIX compliance" sense. In other words, std can be any
> three bytes you like subject to the not-leading-colon, not-digits etc.
> constraints above. Later in the section it says that summer time is
> assumed to be one hour ahead of standard time if no offset follows
> dst. Also,
>     If [an offset is] preceded by a "-"; the time zone shall be east of
>     the Prime Meridian; otherwise it shall be west (which may be
>     indicated by an optional preceding "+").
> That's the bit which shows that the "+" is OK. Aha, but I've just
> looked back at your original message and it refers to "GMT+0800"
> whereas POSIX requires a ":" between the hours and minutes. So in
> fact, "GMT+0800" is *not* legal and it should be "GMT+08:00" or
> "GMT+08" or "GMT+8" (single digit hours are allowed).

OK. I'll need to generalize the current code, which looks specifically
for "gmt". Possibly, we'll have just the "GMT+/-####" case handled for
7.0, but if I get time.

And we'll allow a superset of the Posix standard, so "GMT+0800" will
be legal (otherwise, it would disallow the ISO8601 standard which imho
should take precedence).
                       - Thomas

South Pasadena, California