Re: [HACKERS] Patch attached...

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch attached...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chris wrote:

> Hannu Krosing wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I looked at the patch and for me the name of the variable
> > to set to get the old behaviour (SET EXAMINE_SUBCLASS TO 'on';)
> > seems confusing.
> >
> > At first I thought it was a typo to set it to 'ON' for old behaviour,
> > my internal logic would set it to 'OFF' to not select subclass by default.
>
> Umm, but that IS how it works...

I don't contest that ;)

> > I think something like DONT_SELECT_INHERITED or OLD_INHERITED_SELECT_SYNTAX
> > would be much clearer in meaning.
>
> I'm happy to hear alternative names, but I don't really want "SELECT" in
> the name, because this might  apply to UPDATE eventually too.

Oops, I didnt think of that.

Of course it should actually apply to all four (SELECT, UPDATE, SELETE,
INSERT)
as wellas DDL statements (ALTER TABLE ADD/DROP xxx, CREATE
CONSTRAINT/INDEX/RULE/TRIGGER)

Hannu

От: mp3_exchanger@hotmail.com
Сообщение: MP3Exchanger v1.13 New Internet utility. Use to exchange and locate binaries of any file format.