Re: [HACKERS] Patch attached...

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch attached...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> pghack=# set examine_subclass to 'off';
> > I think something like DONT_SELECT_INHERITED or
> > OLD_INHERITED_SELECT_SYNTAX
> > would be much clearer in meaning.
> I'm happy to hear alternative names, but I don't really want "SELECT" in
> the name, because this might  apply to UPDATE eventually too.

Hmm. This uncovers our clunky SET syntax. imho this should be a clean
and natural option, not something with a bunch of underscores in the
keyword and a quoted string for the option.

But this is awfully close to beta to be even considering making this
change in default behavior and syntax for 7.0. We've got a lot of
other features to babysit through beta, and this one wasn't even on
the radar until a few days ago...
                  - Thomas

South Pasadena, California