Re: [SQL] Re: [HACKERS] Proposed Changes to PostgreSQL

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: [SQL] Re: [HACKERS] Proposed Changes to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chris wrote:

> Hannu Krosing wrote:
>
> > I think the operative word here is "available". I know that SQL specs
> > are'nt freely available either, but due to SQL being already widely
> > supported one can get the general idea from many freely available sources,
> > like the bunch of freely downloadable DB's currently available for linux.
> > Most of them have some docs included.
> >
> > It is still quite a job to reconstruct SQL92 from them ;)
> >
> > I know now description (except a BNF syntax available from some ODBMS website)
> > that I could use to get some idea about OQL.
>
> Poet at http://www.poet.com have their doco online including OQL.

Thanks, I'll check that.

Btw, has anyone compared PostgreSQL's object features with SQL3 (draft)
features.

For example they seem to use UNDER instead of INHERITS and no parentheses.

They also have a special privilege also called UNDER for being able to define
a subtype (as they call it). A lot of other features seem to be considered too
-
no wonder it is 2.3 MB text file.

available at:

ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/standards/sql/

or

http://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/standards/sql/

the main file is sql-foundation-aug94.txt

Hannu