Re: [GENERAL] DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big-- workaround?

От Ed Loehr
Тема Re: [GENERAL] DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big-- workaround?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
mathprof@bigfoot.com wrote:

> I created what I thought was a fairly simple view, and got back:
>
> ERROR:  DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan string too big.
>
> The limit for the rule plan string also seems awfully small-- my view
> isn't more than a few lines long.
>
> Thoughts or help?

A very frequent problem, many reports in the list archive...Broken (or
shall I say unusable) since March, 1998, if I read the archives
correctly...IIRC, rumored to be fixed in v7.0 sometime in the coming
months...Until then, answer seems to be to make smaller views.
Bummer, yes.

Cheers,
Ed Loehr