Re: AW: [HACKERS] Proposed Changes to PostgreSQL

От Chris Bitmead
Тема Re: AW: [HACKERS] Proposed Changes to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas SB wrote:

> > Also there should be an settable option that specifies that "*" should
> > also return the normally ignored columns of oid and classname. This is
> > so that OO programs that embed SQL into them also get back the oid and
> > classname which are required for the behind the scenes implementation
> > of an ODMG client. Something like...
>
> why don't they simply always
> select oid, classname, * from ...
> The reason I suggest this is, because implementing joins to return the
> correct oid, classname seems very complex.

Because I envisage people using an ODBMS-ish interface and allowing
use of SQL queries. This infrastructure wouldn't work without oid and
classname. Forcing always to add oid, classname would be
repetitive and error prone.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] Proposed Changes to PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] Proposed Changes to PostgreSQL