Re: [HACKERS] Commit fest 2017-01 will begin soon!

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Commit fest 2017-01 will begin soon!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/1/17 10:39 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Many thanks to you for running the show.  I think it might be okay if
>> one consolidated mail is sent for all the patches that are marked
>> "Returned with Feedback" or "Rejected" or "Moved to next CF".  OTOH,
>> there is some value in sending a separate mail for each patch so that
>> people can argue on the decision by CFM for one particular patch, but
>> not sure if it worth.
>
> People tend to look at emails they are directly on in CC, that's why I
> prefer sending individual emails.

BTW, the app also sends email notifications to anyone named on a patch
(or at least I got notifications). Having a human spend time doing that
by hand seems pretty silly.

Since the app also knows about the email threads, presumably it could
send notifications to relevant threads as well.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)