Re: [GENERAL] automatic timestamp

От Sevo Stille
Тема Re: [GENERAL] automatic timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Marc Tardif wrote:

> Does postgresql have an automatic timestamp, something built-in which
> could save me from creating an extra date field?

Time travel implied something like that, but that was tied to pg_time,
which is gone now, and, being a log rather than a table, was not
accessible from userland, AFAIR.

However, while you have to create an extra timestamp field for it, it is
trivial to have that field run along without ever maintaining it
actively - give it a DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, and make sure that it is
the last in the table, so that you can insert values().

Sevo

--
Sevo Stille
sevo@ip23.net

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Time of last UPDATE or INSERT