Re: [GENERAL] Rebuilding 6.5.3 RPMs

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Rebuilding 6.5.3 RPMs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Nicolas Huillard wrote:
> Since I use RedHat, the best way to do that is to recreate the RPMs for the 6.5.3, with the patch applied... The
problemis that postgresql-6.5.3-3.src.rpm found on ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/SRPMS/ doesn't rebuild.
[snip]
> + install -m 755 pgaccess/pgaccess /var/tmp/postgresql-root/usr/bin
> install: pgaccess/pgaccess: No such file or directory
> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.46483 (%install)
> Does anyone have a clue on how to do that, what option to feed RPM, or what to download, and where to store it ?

In order to rebuild from the source rpm, you must have the following
installed:
egcs
development libraries for egcs
c++ and its libs
python and python-devel
perl
tcl AND tk -- which implies a full X11 installation.

The last one about tk seems to be where your build is stalling -- you
must not have tk installed.

You _can_ comment out the configure option for tk, as well as the
pgaccess build and install, AND the pgaccess and tk libs in the %files
list for the postgresql-tcl subpackage, if you can't install tk.  The
%files listing for pgaccess and pgtksh are tripping you.

And yes, rpm -ba works fine for me -- otherwise there would be no binary
RPM's at all, as I build them on my own machine.  I can send you an 'rpm
-qa' listing of my development machine if that would help....

HTH
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

От: "Culberson, Philip"
Сообщение: RE: [GENERAL] VACUUM ANALYSE
Сообщение: Time of last UPDATE or INSERT