Re: [HACKERS] float4 confused as int??

От Ed Loehr
Тема Re: [HACKERS] float4 confused as int??
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The problem is occurring with a database that was restored with psql
from a pg_dump (6.5.2).

If I dump the problem table, then drop/recreate it with my original
table creation commands, and then reload with only the insert commands
from the pg_dump'ed file, it reloads and allows updating of the float
field without a problem.  Testing my entire DB to find other problem
float fields is painful; doing this drop/recreate process would be
even more so.

As you can see below, this makes no sense given '\d' shows the field
is a float4 yet the code is trying to call pg_atoi on the new value...

I'm still looking into this more to understand what hoops I may have
to jump through to salvage/reuse pg_dump output...any tips would be
appreciated.