Re: jsonpath

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: jsonpath
Дата
Re: jsonpath
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> Why are we installing the jsonpath_gram.h file? It's not going to be
> used by anything else, is it? TBH, I'm not sure I see why we're
> installing the scanner.h file either.

As near as I can see, jsonpath_gram.h and jsonpath_scanner.h exist only
for communication between jsonpath_gram.y and jsonpath_scan.l.  Maybe
we'd be better off handling that need by compiling the .l file as part
of the .y file, as we used to do with the core lexer and still do with
several others (cf comments for commit 72b1e3a21); then we wouldn't
even have to generate these files much less install them.

A quick look at jsonpath_scan.c shows that it's pretty innocent of
the tricks we've learned over the years for flex/bison portability;
in particular I see that it's #including <stdio.h> before postgres.h,
which is a no-no.  So that whole area needs more review anyway.