Re: Fwd: Re: [INTERFACES] psql ERROR : Character Types Tuple is too big: size xxxxx

От Joseph Shraibman
Тема Re: Fwd: Re: [INTERFACES] psql ERROR : Character Types Tuple is too big: size xxxxx
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Tom Lane wrote:

> Compte utilisateur Sultan-advl <webmaster@advl.org> writes:
> > [ tuple definition is bigger than 8K ]
> > BUT why psql does not  raise an error in 'create table'  ?
> > Maybe documentation needs more informations on this ? (In Data types)
>
> Well, actually, we are more interested in getting rid of the limitation
> than in adding more code that depends on it... there may even be a fix
> in 7.0...

Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>                at Technische
Universitaet Muenchen, Germany

Can I ask how our big open items for 7.0 are doing:
       Long tuples/TOAST(Jan)       Foriegn keys/action buffer(Jan)       Unify date/time types(Thomas)       Outer
Joins(Thomas)

I am only asking to know if we should continue with the planned Feb 1
beta?

The problem is that none of the followups mentioned long tuples, so that
might have slipped through the cracks.