Re: ORDBMS<->OID (Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping)

От Chris Bitmead
Тема Re: ORDBMS<->OID (Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> You are the second person that mentioned the ODBMS<->OID tie in ... when
> you say ODBMS, is that the same as ORDBMS, or we talking a different
> issue?
>
> Want to elaborate?  Like, since we already have the 'core', I believe,
> what does it take to continue that trend?

Hi, yes I am very interested in this issue, and ORDBMS and ODBMS are
rather different.

A long time ago, I wrote up a web page about this issue here...
http://www.tech.com.au/postgres/

which should tell you all my thoughts on this issue. Basicly I can
contribute a LOT of work to the postgres project, but as far as hacking
the back end to achieve it - the learning curve is steep compared to my
available time. But hacking a client side stuff, I could handle.

Enjoy,
Chris Bitmead.