Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/src/include/catalog (pg_type.h)

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/src/include/catalog (pg_type.h)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> We are going to internally move everything to the more standard ANSI
> names, right, or do we give preference to the older types?

Well, that could be up for discussion. The "internal" abstime/reltime
types are direct copies of Unix system time, which most systems
support at a fundamental level. Moving to timestamp/interval will
double the storage size of those fields, with no increase in
functionality afaik.

Peter brought up changing one field to timestamp; that would have the
benefit of being able to specify times past y2038.
                  - Thomas

South Pasadena, California