Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump not in very good shape

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump not in very good shape
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> > Actually the megatest is:
>
> >       pg_dump regress > out
> >       dropdb regression
> >       createdb regression
> >       psql regression < out
> >       pg_dump regress > out2
> >       diff out out2
>
> > That is the pg_dump test, and someone usually does it as part of
> > regression testing before each release.
>
> > It would be nice to add this to test/regress/Makefile maybe.
>
> That's a good thought --- it eliminates both the platform-specific
> issues and the problem of adding a bulky reference file to the
> distribution.
    Still an incomplete test at all.
    It doesn't guarantee, that the resulting dump is what you    really need to restore the database. For example, I'm
not   sure that FOREIGN KEY constraints are actually dumped    correct (as constraint trigger statements after the data
  load). So it might work, and result in the same, wrong dump    again.

Jan