Re: [HACKERS] Re: Informix and OUTER join syntax

От Jose Soares
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Informix and OUTER join syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Don Baccus wrote:

> At 03:20 AM 1/15/00 +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> >> I was under the impression that if you used NATURAL JOIN, then the join
> >> would be made on the declared keys.
> >
> >Nope. On column names in common.
>
> (phew!)  This is how I remembered it.  Though it's in Boston and I'm
> in Portland (OR, that is), due to my space-headedness, I can strongly
> recommend that interested folks spend some of those $25,000 or so
> dollars saved by not using Oracle on a copy of Date's SQL primer :)
>
> (I forget the exact title, but it's pretty good.  I'll probably pick
> up the standard, too, but Date's book is as much critique as explanation
> and the SQL 92 standard seems in need of critical comments)
>
> - Don Baccus, Portland OR <dhogaza@pacifier.com>
>   Nature photos, on-line guides, Pacific Northwest
>   Rare Bird Alert Service and other goodies at
>   http://donb.photo.net.

IMHO "A Guide to THE SQL STANDARD" by Date/Darwen is an interesting
documentation but I'm reading
another very, very interesting book about SQL, here the title in english:
"SQL: The Standard Handbook" (Based on the New SQL Standard ISO 9075:1992(E)
by Stephen Cannan and Gerard Otten.
This a clear explanation of SQL standard made by two persons that colaborated
direct or indirect to establish
such Standard.

José