Re: [HACKERS] [hackers]development suggestion needed

От Adriaan Joubert
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [hackers]development suggestion needed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>You don't get to do either of the latter two unless you write a

> >raw-device storage manager
>
> Not within a single filesystem, but scattering things across spindles
> could be done without a raw-device storage manager :)

Yes, but seen how cheap RAID arrays have become? I know disks are getting
bigger as well, and many people will opt for a single disk, but there may
be more urgent things to fix than something for which a hardware solution
already exists. And lets face it: a database ought to be on RAID
anyway,unless somebody wants to write Tandem-style mirrored disks.... ;-)

Adriaan