Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC 2.0 Standard Extensions for PostgreSQL

От David Marshall
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC 2.0 Standard Extensions for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Assaf,

Am looking to use this in a Linux 2.2 / Blackdown 1.2.2 environment in sync with a JMS implementation
we're working on. Hadn't planned on tackling the XA part until later, but see you've done that too.

Just looked at your web-site. Is your implementation part of Tyrex?

David

Assaf Arkin wrote:

> David,
>
> We already got that working and very successfuly. It supports
> PooledConnectionDataSource for connection pooling and XADataSource (the
> real heavy stuff) for X/A transaction control (required for EJB
> environments).
>
> The code is not yet part of the official distribution, but I've sent it
> to Peter and would to see it appear in the next release.
>
> In the meanwhile you can grab the JAR from
> ftp://ftp.exolab.org/pub/jars/postgresql-6.3.jar. I'll also add the
> sources in the src directory later today.
>
> Are you looking to use it in any particular environment?
>
> arkin
>
> David Marshall wrote:
> >
> > Are list members interested in an implementation of the JDBC standard extensions?
> >
> > I've been working on implementations of DataSource and connection pooling for an internal project
> > and would be willing to contribute this to the PostgreSQL JDBC driver if it is of interest to
> > others.
> >
> > Some initial thoughts:
> >
> > - A new package would be added (say postgresql.jdbc2.stdext)
> > - This package would only build as an option from the Makefile (this would prevent make breaking
> > for Java users who do not JNDI and the javax.sql installed)
> > - Initial cut would include DataSource and connection pooling only (no RowSet support)
> >
> > Anyone interested?
> >
> > --
> > David Marshall           email: dmarshall@vmguys.com
> > VM Systems, Inc.         phone: 1-941-596-2480
> > Naples, FL USA           fax:   1-941-596-2483

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC 2.0 Standard Extensions for PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC 2.0 Standard Extensions for PostgreSQL