Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: Re: First Major Open Source Database]

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [Fwd: Re: First Major Open Source Database]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Hmmm... On second read, that seems ambiguous.

> It was purposely ambiguous.

I was afraid of that.

> It did not use any Ingres code, as told to me by Jolly, I think.  My
> book has Ingres mentioned as an "ancestor" of Postgres.

I have e-mailed Doc again, asking him to remove the 'direct' in the line
'Ingres was the direct ancestor of PostgreSQL' -- direct implies, IMO,
shared code.  Thanks for clarifying, Bruce...

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio