Re: Things I don't like about \du's "Attributes" column

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Things I don't like about \du's "Attributes" column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I think expecting the pg_roles view to change for this is problematic.
> You can't have that in the back branches, so with this patch psql
> will show something different against a pre-17 server than later
> versions.  At best, that's going to be confusing.

Actually, even more to the point: while this doesn't expose the
contents of a role's password, it does expose whether the role
*has* a password to every user in the installation.  I doubt
that that's okay from a security standpoint.  It'd need debate
at the least.