Re: [HACKERS] Enhancing PGSQL to be compatible with InformixSQL

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Enhancing PGSQL to be compatible with InformixSQL
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Enhancing PGSQL to be compatible with InformixSQL  (Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I've been wanting outer joins, but in my porting efforts have managed
> to work around them without too much difficulty, even though 6.5's
> limitations on subselects (not in target lists) requires that I
> create PL/pgSQL functions in some cases.
> I certainly can't speak for the majority of users, but as one data
> point I'd personally rather see outer joins done right (SQL 92
> syntax) and wait a bit.

A bit of a misunderstanding here: we are using SQL92 syntax but will
try to implement the outer join operation using *internal* data
structures similar to what we have now.

Any alternate syntaxes are just a diversion which slow us down on the
road to world domination ;)
                 - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Enhancing PGSQL to be compatible with Informix SQL
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Enhancing PGSQL to be compatible with Informix SQL