Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Adding a Search Link ... (fwd)

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Adding a Search Link ... (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Erk...I know *someone* was working on this...did we ever get anywhere on a
> thread-safe libpq?

Well, I don't think it has been fully documented, but the current libpq,
as long as you don't use one connect method, and use another --
apparently PQsetdbLogin IS threadsafe, as the AOLserver driver uses that
successfully. I THINK (I would search the archives, but.... Don Baccus
posted a question about just that at one point, and it was answered)
PQconnectdb is not, but don't quote me on that.

The short of it is that AOLserver, a multithreaded webserver,
successfully uses PQsetdbLogin -- which is apparently thread-safe.

Once the connection is established, libpq is apparently thread-safe. (at
least it is operating under a multithreaded webserver....)

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet radio