Regression tests

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
OK, I've updated most of the regression tests to match the new psql
output conventions. Several of the tests at the end, starting with
"join", currently fail on my test setup, but that is probably because
I've got a few changes in for "outer join syntax" which are not
sufficient to avoid crashes. It might be good for someone to run the
regression test and hand-inspect the tests which fail to verify that
it is just a formatting difference and not the "backend closed
connection" I'm seeing here.

Once I've got a bit more code done, I'll come back to the regression
tests. If someone wants to finish up the regression test updates, then
the only thing remaining is to do the following:

1) run the regression test (hey, that "parallel testing" looks
interesting btw; thanks Jan!)

2) cd results

3) For each of the failed tests at the end,    diff -w <testfile.out> ../expected/ | less    (if differences are not in
thequery results)    cp -p <testfile.out> ../expected/

3') There may be one or two "expected" files coming from ../output/;
it isn't that complicated to get those updated, involving copying the
results file to ../output/ and then modifying the file path names.

4) Commit the changed "expected" files to CVS
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California