How Many PG_Locks are considered too many

От Renato Oliveira
Тема How Many PG_Locks are considered too many
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi

I have few questions, if anyone could help me, it will be very much appreciated.

We have a Nagios plugin, which monitors pg_locks and almost daily we see 3000 to 40000 pg_locks.

Can we just ignore them, can we let them grow without worrying?

How many pg_locks are considered unsafe for any given postgres server?

Thank you

Renato